With over a decade of working with small, fast-moving product & engineering teams launch awesome new products, my clients now hire me to design mobile apps, SaaS platforms, consumer websites, and also optimize physical experiences (product unboxings, kiosks, retail spaces, etc.). Additionally, I am also a total nerd about data visualization & improving usability.
I love to educate others about great design. Besides mentoring junior designers/students, I also hold office hours/workshops at incubators like MassChallenge and Techstars.
When I’m not doing UX design, I create paintings, teach myself game development, try new recipes, learn aerial circus performance and how to play the ukulele, read and write science fiction, and hang out with my carefree dogs.
(By the way, this cool pixel font is one of many by Chevy Ray – and I highly recommend his set if you want some neat pixel fonts for that retro aesthetic or game design)
Who I Help
Translating ideas into mockups and prototypes for sales demos and pitching
Creating & refining VC pitch decks
Conducting exploratory research and testing prototypes
Unblocking dev teams with design & product management guidance
Managing the hiring process for your first UX FT employee
Mentoring team members in design & product management
An extra set of hands during crunch times or for new initiatives
Covering for folks who are on leave or during transition periods
Reducing dev/product/UX friction
My UX design services are always tailored to client needs.
I typically work remotely or on-site in the Boston area. My average client engagement length is ~13 months and most clients re-engage me for later ventures, which allows me a ton of flexibility to take on projects of all sizes, lengths, and budgets. Please feel free to contact me for a free consultation and estimate.
(Moreover feel free to reach out if you’re looking for non-UX help! I’ve been lucky to work on a lot of neat projects with great people, and usually have someone to refer for any sort of problem-solving!)
Why My Clients Like Working With Me
- I get things moving fast, without any hand-holding – and we’ll focus on getting you the deliverables you need in order to get things done, often as quickly as the first day or few days we engage!
- I’m pragmatic, not dogmatic – and I won’t try to make you do something that doesn’t fit into your roadmap or budget
- I love constructive criticism (because I love doing the best job I can, and frankly, that’s how I get better!)
- Always excited to tackle new and difficult problems! I’ve got a ton of esoteric, niche industry expertise and experiences to draw from to help identify analogous solutions rather than reinventing the wheel.
- I make a point of learning your tech stack and team preferences, strengths, and weaknesses in order to maximize my efficiency
- Having been an engineer and product manager myself – I can sympathize with the pressure your team is under (and use humor to relieve tension)
© amy eastment, 2020